We welcome applications to take part in our Academic Visitors Scheme from overseas institutions in the following categories: research, 教学实践/教学或专业服务.
Academic Visitors can conduct a number of activities during their stay. This includes collaborating with members of staff in research projects, 分享知识或经验, 举办的学术讨论, 观察教学实践与教学法, learning new management styles and observe how we run our courses, establishing academic networks with 巴黎人贵宾厅 staff, and exploring possibilities for future joint ventures and projects.
Our Academic Visitor Scheme is open to members of staff from all overseas institutions who are currently employed by their home institution.
If you are interested in coming to the 巴黎人贵宾厅 as an academic visitor, please read the information carefully to ensure that you meet the requirements.
As an academic visitor at the 巴黎人贵宾厅 you will receive:
- 大学的概况和它的 设施
- Access to the University Staff Development Programme which offers a wide range of workshops, training, 促进您专业发展的事件和活动.
- Access to Information Services (including libraries and computer labs)
- Contact with a member of staff from your chosen Institute or Department
不幸的是, we are unable to guarantee the provision of a personal office space, 个人电脑及电话.
- An individual who wishes to make use of their sabbatical leave overseas to carry out research
- 一个希望分享知识的人, experience and to hold informal discussions with counterparts at the 巴黎人贵宾厅
- An individual who wishes to take part in a single conference/seminar that is not a commercial or non-profit venture
- An individual who wishes to take part in research/ teaching/ clinical practice as a senior experienced medical doctor
An academic visitor must also provide evidence they have been working as an academic in an institution of higher education overseas, or in the field of their academic expertise immediately before applying for a place on our Academic Visitors Scheme.
- Post-graduate researcher who is undertaking studies leading to an accredited UK academic qualification
学术的游客 are responsible for applying and paying for all visas and other permissions required by the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) for the express purpose of carrying out the proposed academic activity.
Although certain countries are designated as “non-visa national” countries, in most circumstances you will need to obtain a visa in order to travel to and enter the UK if you are a citizen of a non-EU country.
You can check if you need a UK visa using an online service available on the UKVI website. Please note that the maximum period of stay on the Academic Visitor Scheme is 12 months. If aiming to stay for longer you should look into a Tier 5 visa which would allow you to stay between 12 – 24 months.
In some countries it may be possible to apply for a visa online but you should check with your own immigration authority or embassy for details of how to apply and their average processing times.
The link below provide some more details of the documents required to apply for a visa for your visit with us:
申请学术访客计划的名额, please ensure that you provide us with the following information:
- 已完成访问学者 申请表
“学术访问者申请:姓名 & 当前机构” email@example.com
收到申请后, we confirm receipt of your application and then will assess your application carefully. 巴黎人贵宾厅有任何问题都会联系你.
We strongly advise you to plan your academic visit either by the beginning of September/October or January/February to coincide with the beginning of our academic semesters. However, 如果你和巴黎人贵宾厅的工作人员进行联合研究, 开始的时间可能会更灵活.
Please note that the University does not provide accommodation for Academic Visitors, and you will need to make your own arrangements for accommodation for your time in the UK.
For information on various funding schemes for incoming researchers visit our 研究经费的网站.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us for further information, via firstname.lastname@example.org